Feb 26, 2008

My Friend Andy

When I am typing the title, I am laughing silently already.

Today is Andy's birthday. I wrote him a birthday SMS and on my blog. I want to remember his big day. I think he wants to go to Jay Chou concert but I think he should go to my concert. I think he must be very touched. Must be. Must be. nyAHAHAHA.

Let me tell you a story...

It happened on 1989, in the very famous kindergarten called Chung Hwa 

Likas in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. The first time I saw Andy was in the school singing competition. Excuse me, Andy was the CHAMPION of the competition! He was the tall boy on stage.

Andy, this is a special post for you and this is specially written for you: OK I MUST ADMIT there is no music in my memory so I couldn't CONFIRM what song Andy was singing on stage, but I always want to remember it as he was singing the song "HAI LANG TAO TAO WO BU PA..."

Hmm, Andy was a little chubby and cute and tall boy during primary school. Well, we don't have photos. So you have to imagine. ;)

Andy was the classmate next door. He was the leader/captain/ I don't what they call the person holding the stick in the school band band major. According to Andy, it was the proudest thing of all man being the youngest band major in the entire history. (valid till 96.. maybe) Well, Andy was definitely the focus point during our school sports days... although the only time I remembered him performing in the band, the stick fell onto the ground. (HAhahaha. Am I very bad??)

OK, if not mistaken,(later confirmed by Andy ^^) the first time we talked as friend was he went over to my class after school. Together with the other boys I remembered him sitting in the class. We chat. I don't remember what we talk. I'm not sure if we play football together (or did I play with your friends ahh??). Never mind, my mind is getting weaker, I think he got some gossip love rumors with my girl classmate (which I totally forgot). Sorry I only like to play with guys so I don't really know the girl friends in my class... After clarifying with Andy personally on MSN TODAY, I found out that he actually had a crush on my best girl friend (WHICH I ONLY FOUND OUT TODAY). You see... I told you I only play with boys.

Then secondary school.

We are the Saints. We are in the same class. We are the Bakawalians. I remembered him always sitting at the back (no choice la, tall mah) and then there is a strong wave of rumor that Andy and I got together (which I only found out today also. Reason: I used to go to class early to sleep and Andy always kacau me and talked to me. So that was how our creative classmates think kacau=suka).

Then I think sec 3 was the start of the best time together in secondary school. We always hang out with Andy and the backstreet boys at the back of the class. I spoke Malay the most in my lifetime in sec 3. And we used to go to our school building highest floor and there we were the backstreet boys and the spice girls on the balcony to have our "blow blow wind" sessions.

Catch this classic photo of our school taken from here.

31_big
^ From the "blow-blow-wind place". Can you see our classrooms? We are famous with our trademark - no doors and windows because we are a school of liberty and what we do we carry through. hahaha. I love SMALLSAINTS!

Sec 4 was GREAT. We has to choose to go into science 1 or science 2 class. Most of us chose science 2. And I love science 2 friends. Our class was small but I cherish my friends there the most. Andy was FAMOUS in our sec 4 history because of his ability to make me believe that Kancil actually flew over the hill. Not to forget Andy's conversation with Patricia on her Pantene shampoo.

Anyway, Andy left us at the end of sec 4. He left the Saints silently. For a greater cause of course!!! Andy was playing for our national basketball team. Andy was very sweet and nice person. He knew I love Snoopy and when he was already in KL, he actually sent over snoopy stuff in an Adidas shoe box for my birthday (am I right? I think so, should be...). I felt so happy and touched receiving the gifts. A few of snoopy stuff which I kept them till the last few years before most of my things back home are thrown away during renovation. I also remembered Sharon for making a Snoopy scrapbook for my birthday. I think she cut the comic strips weekly from the newspaper and that lovely gift truly touched my heart till today. (I can't wait to write about "My friend Sharon" on March 16!!!)

College life.

Few years back. Errm, I think 6 years ago when I just reached KL. I was so in love with Sun Yan Zi. Patricia and I would buy all her albums from Singapore and I think on her second album's release, she was having a fans concert in Maluri. I got two tickets and Andy went with me. We were just adventurous. Concert was fun and I appreciate Andy's company. Then the next one was the Harlem's concert at Petaling Street. We went there and this should be a secret: I slept in Andy's dorm overnight because it was too late to go back home that night. We played the guitar and sing song. HAHha, and Andy asked me stop singing. I remembered that.

Then, I guess we stopped contact each other for a period of time. What happened ?? It was a transition of my life whereby I chose to attend CHC and started to serve in the church. Then during one of the meeting when Pastor is preaching about RELATIONSHIP, I met Andy in Auditiorium 7, Sunway College. We started catching up on MSN. And to my surprise, my dear friend was actually seeing one of my best girl friend, Sharon! Haha, I think Andy knew I find it challenging to accept it initially but God is good. Today, I just love seeing both of you in the church. Sharon is still in my prayer that one day she will come and testify that she has accepted Christ in her heart. ;)

Time flies. Andy said I couldn't finish writing the story by today. It is true. because I am looking forward to see you get married get rich get son get grandson see your grandson dating, etc, etc. Haha. History in making.

DSC09155-1[3]
Happy birthday to my friend, Andy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! before I read the entire story, WE CERTAINLY HAVE A BETTER PHOTO KAN?

Anonymous said...

so the addon here:
- i told u is bing ying before. but i wonder why the hoo-haa was stop totally, i suppose the guys always teasing and spreading around.
bing ying oh bing ying, why you din tell ur good fren there's a fatty likes you oh. ;p
- oh man! the bsb and spice girl part.camera wasn't so popular that time, otherwise you all gonna have a good laugh.
- did i ask you to stop singing?

laverne said...

- but i look quite cute in the photo. :P
u got any nice portrait of yours? I don't mind putting up for you...just for you...woaahahha

- i really didn't know is LBY

- yes you did. because i can't reach the challenging parts..so u say 'ok ok enough enough'

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow!! Firstly, nice blog you have there verne! ;)

The story really makes me think back when we were in Saints!!!

I blive you can really write more... ;)

Miss u verne!

p/s: See u in April! hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails