Feb 7, 2008

CNY Holiday Part 1

It was CNY. We had a reunion steamboat dinner at home on the 6th and then we took an early flight to Bangkok early the next morning. Many people are late all the way to airport and yes, our flight was delayed for 2 hours too. Took our lunch in the airport and then finally we reached Bangkok airport in the afternoon. Hooray.

Got our luggage and then get into the tour bus. The tour guide is a thai-chinese. I forgot his name but Jin remembered. Can't remember the things he said because most of the time he was telling history of thailand and the king and the king and the king story...so other than take some photos of ourselves, most of the time I slept in the bus.

DSC09794-1 
^ In the airplane

DSC09812-1
^ On the bus

The first thing I saw after touch down was an extremely LONG advertisement board that can't fit into the camera lens.

DSC09819-1
^Super looooooooooong advertisement board.

We had McPork on our way to Pattaya. We will be spending two nights in Pattaya before we go back to Bangkok for the rest of the tour. 

According to the tour guide, Pattaya is a place where shopping is expensive, for the Ang-Moh to have fun and for the local girls to get business. Hmm, it is very unsafe at night, and he kept reminding us to be careful. be careful and be careful.

DSC00010a-1
^ hot afternoon in Pattaya


True enough, when Jin and I was walking around the street near the beach at night, people are everywhere. Shops are closed at late midnight. We even managed to go into Adidas shop at 10pm.

There is nothing much to do in Pattaya for the first two days. We had few visitations to the crocodile farm, some souvenir shops, and seriously I forgot all the sequences... What I enjoyed the most was the foot massage in the shop opposite our hotel. Both of us actually fall asleep and the massage ladies commented us that both of us got big watches.

Ok, some shots from the crocodile farm, and elephant farm, zoo, etc.

DSC09874-1 
^ Sa wa di karp!

DSC09909-1
^ The group photo of the piglets

DSC09917-1 
^ Smart Pig.
If Net can count! So can you!

DSC09922-1
^ Jin and the Camel

 DSC09929-1
^ I realize camel is a multi-task'er.
This camel is actually peeing and eating at the same time...

DSC09886-1
^ Me after the Crocodile show. Geli!

Nothing much on the first day. Food was OK (not really OK). Therefore many old folks complained and apparently the tour guide did some arrangement for the people. I so love the Tom Yam everyday.

The second day - we went to the island opposite of our hotel by boat. My plan to get sun tanned failed because we are only allowed to stay there for 3 hours (8am to 11am Bangkok time) and I noticed that the sun is blocked by the mountain on the island and there is no way I can feel the son after 12... so, we went to have snorkeling (if I'm not mistaken), banana boat and just sat along the beach to wait for our boat to come.

Oh yes I saw a HK actor. I don't know his name. He was talking and playing with a little girl. It's funny when you recognize a "star". (whether small star big star HK star, Malaysia star...)

Some day shots from the island/beach:

DSC09980-1 
^ Fish fish and fish

DSC09966-1 
^ Parachuteeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DSC09967-1
^ The sky

DSC09979-1
^ Some uncivilized barbarians decided to throw the milo into the sea. Please ask me because I know who did that. *angry*

DSC09982-1
^ Waiting for our turn to reach the Pattaya island/beach.

DSC09970-1
^ Father & Son

DSC09989-1
^ Sunny day @ Pattaya beach
Waiting to go back to the main land...

We head back to hotel about 12noon and manage to get a good shower. After lunch, we went to some elephant farm/cultural show again. Highlights: I saw tigers, I saw pigs, I saw human, I saw camel, I saw kangaroo, I saw orang utan, I saw elephant, I saw "her-man". We took photo with little cub but seems like the cub is not very happy. There you go the photos:

DSC00027-1 
^ On our way to another Elephant farm...

 DSC00033-1 
^love this pic ;)

DSC00041-1
^Some shots from the Thai cultural show - boxing.

 DSC00070-1
^Their rock band performance. *keke*

DSC00077-2    ^ Shots from the cultural show, they used to fight on the elephant in the war.

DSC00097-1
^ I enjoyed the elephant show the most.
It reminds me of Dumbo. 5 mins right after the show started, it rained. but the show went on and rain stopped in the end.

DSC00099-1
^ Starting pose

DSC00105-1
^ Elephant playing darts. No kidding it is quite accurate..

DSC00111-1
^Heavy rain...

DSC00132-1
^ Penalty kick.

DSC00133-1
^ The elephant scored a goal!


DSC00141-1
^ Performing acrobat

 DSC00139-2
^ Sad for the elephants. Because the land is wet. They can't lift up the ribbon.

DSC00096-1 
^ Caught this shot on my way out after the elephant show.

Painful. Meooooooow!!

After that we went to a mall nearby the "Ah-Gua Show". We managed to get 1 hour foot massage (but it was just OK only). The show was.. OK too. There are pretty boys and some of them are prettier than a real girl. No wonder some will choose to marry them but the will end up in hell... So, too bad lar.

DSC00152-1
^Ah-GUA show
The one and only one photo taken before Sony said good night to me.
All you woman be pretty. The rest please be a real man.

We didn't manage to shoot a lot of photos because camera battery went flat. Jin fall asleep in the theater hall. I was so happy to return to hotel. Goodbye Pattaya and Sawardekap to Bangkok!

To be continued in Part 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah... i think u need a diet!! hehehe, by the way.. really nice vacation...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails