May 8, 2008

The Hand Phone Story

Didn't manage to blog about this incident. Was busy. Hardly to say that. Mother's day is coming. Work is busy. And God is good.

OK, what about the hand phone?

Remember I was trying to sell my w960i? After 2 months using the phone, I thought it might be a wiser decision to sell it off. My situation was a bit sad because because I bought it in Singapore and therefore my phone value is worse than a normal AP phone...

So with all my heart, I uploaded a post to lelong.com to sell my phone at RM1.8K.

Not much feedback initially, the price was just not realistic enough.

Suddenly L pm and asked, "Are you Laverne from CHC?"

I was thinking in my heart. Wow, I'm so famous that I was tagged together with CHC. The second thought was, OK this guys must be from church lor. So I replied L and I was right. L used to come to CHC.

After talking to L, I found out that L was actually needed to sell off the e90 before committing to my w960. So we were almost in a deal to trade with one another... but it didn't happen. L apologized for choosing iphone over my humble walkman.

 

First attempt.

A little disappointed. Still this is my first try for a business. So I decrease my selling price and I tried the most conventional method - word of mouth. Not surprising and there were no news at all.

On a random Friday, L suddenly came into the picture again. L asked if I am still interested to sell my phone because L's friend might be interested. So I told L I am ok to sell it at 1.5K with minimal scratches at the back. You know me. You know how I treated my phone. So when I say it is minimal, it is really minimal. L asked to meet up the next Monday to check out on the phone condition. Although I hope to sell my phone but frankly speaking I don't wish to waste my time meeting up. Brilliant me, suggested to send L photos of the phone and L's friend can think about it first and let me know later.

OK.  So I was annoyed by L. It was a busy weekend for me. L sms-ed, called and tried to "remind" me only need to take the scratches part and don't need to showcase the nice part of the phone.

 

Second attempt.

Didn't feel sorry at all for the delay of sending the photos over, there was no news from L then. Laverne was just can't be bothered to follow up with L.

On the first Wednesday of May, I received an sms from L again.

 

The final attempt.

L

And guess what is my reply?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L2

2 comments:

karheng said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

nick + said...

what an unreasonable and foolish counter-offer. Typical M'sian attitude.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails